Homelab – software and hardware I use
Today, I’d like to tell you about some of the hardware and software I use in my homelab to stay up to date. Since my clients often ask me for recommendations on hardware and software, I find it important that I use those tools on a daily basis. Practice what you preach! Also, it is vital in the IT field to constantly stay informed about emerging trends, new technology and the pros and cons.
- Dell Poweredge T630, 64GB Memory, 2 x 280GB HD (RAID1), 4 x 1800GB HD (RAID5) all SAS drives, iDRAC 8 Enterprise, ESXi 6.7
- Intel NUC Dawson i5, 32GB Memory, 300GB SSD, 4TB SATA, ESXi 6.7
- Firewall Fortigate 60E
- 2 FortiAP 221E (Wireless Access Points)
- APC Back UPS RS 150
- 2 Cisco SG300-10PP POE Switch
- Windows 2016 Server
- Windows 2019 Server
- Vcenter 6.7
- Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4a
- Ubuntu 18.04 server / name server apache, bind, mariadb
- Ubuntu 18.04 desktop
- Windows 10, Edition Pro and Enterprise
- ISPconfig (open source)
- Office 365 Busines Premium
- Corel Draw Home & Student X7
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020
- Quickbooks Desktop 2019 (Windows and MAC)
- WordPress with Elementor Pro, Ocean WP core extensions plugin
Please have a look at my other blogs.
Best Amazon Deals
Let me save you the trouble of having to search through endless pages of products on Amazon.
Visit my accounting website
Any purchases made from clicks on links to products on this page may result in an affiliate commission for me.