Homelab – software and hardware I use
Today, I’d like to tell you about some of the hardware and software I use in my homelab to stay up to date. Since my clients often ask me for recommendations on hardware and software, I find it important that I use those tools on a daily basis. Practice what you preach! Also, it is vital in the IT field to constantly stay informed about emerging trends, new technology and the pros and cons.
- Dell Poweredge T630, 64GB Memory, 2 x 280GB HD (RAID1), 4 x 1800GB HD (RAID5) all SAS drives, iDRAC 8 Enterprise, ESXi 6.7
- Intel NUC Dawson i5, 32GB Memory, 300GB SSD, 4TB SATA, ESXi 6.7
- Firewall Fortigate 60E
- 2 FortiAP 221E (Wireless Access Points)
- APC Back UPS RS 150
- 2 Cisco SG300-10PP POE Switch
- Windows 2016 Server
- Windows 2019 Server
- Vcenter 6.7
- Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4a
- Ubuntu 18.04 server / name server apache, bind, mariadb
- Ubuntu 18.04 desktop
- Windows 10, Edition Pro and Enterprise
- ISPconfig (open source)
- Office 365 Busines Premium
- Corel Draw Home & Student X7
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020
- Quickbooks Desktop 2019 (Windows and MAC)
- WordPress with Elementor Pro, Ocean WP core extensions plugin
Please have a look at my other blogs.
Any purchases made from clicks on links to products on this page may result in an affiliate commission for me.